Confetti Rice Pilaf
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup cubed or julienne carrots
- ½ cup cubed or julienne zucchini
- ½ cup cubed or julienne yellow squash
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp minced fresh rosemary leaves, or favorite herb
- Cook brown rice in chicken broth for about 45 minutes. Set aside uncovered.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, zucchini, squash and garlic; cook until vegetables are tender crisp.
- Stir in rice, pepper and rosemary. Cook until thoroughly heated.
Serving Tip: Makes a great side dish for grilled meats, poultry or seafood.
Preparation Tip: To julienne vegetables, slice diagonally. Cut each slice into matchstick-size strips.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.