Easy Beef Stroganoff
- 1 lb beef round tip steaks, cut 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 tsp vegetable oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced (1/2-inch)
- 1 package (3/4 ounce) brown gravy mix
- 4 cups uncooked wide egg noodles (about 5 ounces), cooked
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream
- Stack beef steaks; cut lengthwise in half, then crosswise into 1-inch wide strips. Toss with garlic.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1/2 of beef; stir-fry 1 minute or until outside surface of beef is no longer pink. (Do not overcook.) Remove. Repeat with remaining beef. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil in same skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add mushrooms; cook and stir 2 minutes or until tender. Remove from heat. Add gravy mix and 1 cup cold water; blend well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 1 minute or until sauce is thickened, stirring frequently. Stir in beef; heat through. Serve over noodles. Pass sour cream.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.