Fig-Pine Nut Jam with Lamb Chops
- Fig-Pine Nut Jam4 oz dried California Calimyrna figs, stemmed and chopped
- 2 oz pine nuts, lightly toasted
- 4 cloves garlic, poached in water until soft
- 1/2 tsp fennel seed
- 1/4 tsp chopped fresh lavender leaves
- 1/4 tsp red chile flakes
- 1 Tbs chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 6 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- Polenta with Dried California Mission Figs1 quart water
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup polenta or coarse ground corn meal
- 2 Tbs butter
- 8 dried California Mission figs, roughly chopped
- Asparagus and Peas with Dried California Figs1 bunch asparagus, peeled
- 8 oz shelled green peas
- 2 dried California Calimyrna figs, cut into thin slivers
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 pinch salt
- Lamb Chops8 double-cut lamb chops
- Salt and pepper, as needed
- Olive oil, as needed
- Fig-Pine Nut JamPlace figs in small bowl and add warm water to cover; set aside.
- When soft, drain and transfer to food processor, adding all remaining ingredients for jam. Pulse to mix well, adding water if needed. Set aside.
- Polenta with Dried California Mission FigsIn large sauce pot, combine water and salt; heat to a boil. Reduce heat to low and stir in polenta. Cook, stirring frequently until thick. Set aside.
- Asparagus and Peas with Dried California FigsCook asparagus in lightly salted boiling water until tender; remove with slotted spoon or tongs and chill in ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Cook peas in same water for a few minutes just to blanch. Remove with slotted spoon and chill in ice water. Drain and set aside.
- Lamb ChopsPreheat oven to 375°F. Season chops lightly with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Heat olive oil in large, heavy skillet until very hot. Add lamb chops, a few at a time, and brown on all sides.
- Transfer to large oven-proof dish, and arrange in single layer. Roast at 375°F for about 15 minutes for medium rare—145°F, or longer for well done.
- Meanwhile, stir 2 tablespoons butter and eight chopped Mission figs into polenta and reheat adding water as needed.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in large heavy skillet; sauté two slivered, dried Calimyrna figs, lightly, and add cooked asparagus and peas. Season with salt and pepper; toss lightly in melted butter and reheat.
- When chops are desired doneness, serve immediately with Fig-Pine Nut Jam spooned on top, alongside polenta, asparagus, and peas.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.