Hash Brown-Crusted Mediterranean Quiche
- 3 1/2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 Tbs butter
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 small zucchini, quartered, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped drained oil-packed artichoke hearts
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 oz.)
- 1/2 tsp dried basil leaves
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 2 cups marinara sauce, warmed
- Heat oven to 425°F. Press potatoes evenly on bottom and sides of greased 10-inch quiche dish or pie plate. Coat lightly with cooking spray. Bake in 425°F oven until potatoes are lightly browned and crisp, about 30 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 375°F.
- Heat butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add onion and garlic; sauté until tender, 3 to 4 minutes. Add zucchini, bell pepper and artichokes; sauté until crisp-tender.
- Beat eggs, milk, cheese, basil and oregano in large bowl until blended. Add zucchini mixture; mix well. Pour into potato crust.
- Bake in center of 375°F oven until knife inserted near center comes out clean, about 45 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes. Cut into wedges; serve with marinara sauce.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.