Heartland Lamb Stew
- 1 lb lamb shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbs granulated sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 med onions, quartered
- 1 can tomatoes, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp rosemary, crushed
- 1 small bay leaf, crushed
- 1/4 tsp cloves, ground
- 2 cups water
- 6 medium potatoes, quartered
- 3 carrots, thickly sliced
- 6 medium turnips, quartered
- 1 10 oz package, frozen green beans
- In ovenproof pan with cover, brown lamb cubes in oil. Drain drippings.
- In small bowl, combine flour, sugar, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle over lamb; stir well.
- Stir in onion, tomatoes, garlic, rosemary, bay leaf, cloves, and water.
- Cover; bake at 350ºF for 30 minutes.
- Add potatoes, carrots, and turnips.
- Bake covered another 30 minutes.
- Add green beans and bake 30 minutes longer, or until meat and vegetables are tender.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.