Kale and White Bean Soup
- 1 1/2 cups onion, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbs olive oil
- 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1/2 lb (dry weight) cannellini beans, cooked
- 4 cups vegetable stock (plus a bit more to adjust liquid to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 cups carrots, medium dice
- 7 cups chopped kale
- 3/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- Sauté onions in oil for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Add cooked beans, vegetable stock, salt, pepper, bay leaf, and rosemary and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots and cook another 5 minutes.
- Add kale and cook about 12 minutes or until kale is tender. Add more vegetable stock, if your soup needs more liquid, and warm through.
- Check seasoning, adjust as needed, and serve sprinkled with grated Parmesan cheese.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.