Lamb Roast with Glazed Vegetables
- 2 lbs lamb leg, boneless, trimmed
- 2 Tbs balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs apple or orange juice
- 2 Tbs sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 8 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 med carrots, thinly bias-sliced
- 6 pearl onions
- 12 large mushrooms
- 1 med green pepper, cut in strips
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup fat-free beef or chicken broth, divided
- 1 Tbs cornstarch
- Sprinkle lamb leg with salt and pepper; place on rack in roasting pan. Stir together vinegar, apple or orange juice, soy sauce, garlic, and olive oil in a large bowl. Add potatoes, carrots, and onions; mix to coat. Arrange vegetables in pan around roast. Brush meat with vinegar mixture. Roast in 400ºF oven for 15 minutes; reduce oven temperature to 325ºF.
- In bowl combine remaining vinegar mixture with mushrooms, green pepper, and tomatoes. Reserve remaining vinegar mixture for gravy. Add vegetables to pan and roast 20 minutes longer, or until all vegetables are tender and meat reaches internal temperature of 145ºF for medium-rare, 160ºF for medium, or 170ºF for well.
- Remove lamb and vegetables from pan; cover loosely with foil and let stand 10 minutes. Internal temperature will rise approximately 10 degrees. Add 1/2 cup of broth to roasting pan, scraping up bits in pan. Combine cornstarch and remaining broth; add to pan with remaining vinegar mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes, or until thickened. Serve sauce with vegetables and lamb.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.