Make-Ahead Moroccan Chicken
- 4 chicken leg quarters, skinned
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 med onion, cut into chunks
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbs ginger, minced
- 2 med carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, drained
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 5 cups water
- 2 med zucchini, cut into chunks
- 2 cups cooked couscous
- In large, non-stick soup pot, heat olive oil over high heat. Add chicken and cook about 10 minutes, turning to brown on all sides.
- Stir in onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, chickpeas, raisins, cinnamon, cumin, tumeric, and water. Bring to simmer, reduce heat and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini and simmer an additional 10 minutes. Remove cinnamon sticks and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve in large bowls over couscous.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.