- 2 cups fresh basil, stemmed
- 2 Tbs toasted pine nuts
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- In a small pan, toast pine nuts on medium high for about a minute or until they are golden brown.
- Combine fresh basil, pine nuts, oregano, lemon juice, and garlic in a food processor until well pureed.
- Slowly add 1 Tbs of olive oil at a time, blending each round until all ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.