Quick Tortellini Soup
- 5 1/2 cups chicken broth, or vegetable broth; use reduced sodium canned or homemade
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, diced fine
- 4 oz green chiles, diced, (one 4-ounce can)
- 2 tsp garlic, minced (2 cloves)
- 1 tsp basil, dried or 1 Tbsp (1.5g) fresh, finely chopped
- 2 cups tortellini, cheese-filled*, fresh or frozen
- 2 Tbs freshly grated Parmesan cheese*
- In a large soup pot, bring broth, onion, carrot, green chiles, garlic and basil to a simmer.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes.
- Turn heat up and bring broth to a boil. Add tortellini and cook uncovered until tender to bite, 4 to 8 minutes.
- Ladle into bowls and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
* Allergy notes: The egg protein lysozyme is an unlabeled additive in some cheeses. People allergic to eggs should eliminate any cheese in this recipe.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.