Spaghetti and Chicken Meatballs
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 14 oz can, tomato sauce
- 1 14 oz can, diced tomatoes with Italian-style herbs
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 box spaghetti
- Place ground chicken, egg, Parmesan cheese, bread crumbs, garlic, oregano, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in large bowl.
- Knead mixture together with hands until evenly combined. Divide mixture in half; break apart and shape into 1-inch balls.
- In large, non-stick skillet, warm olive oil over medium-high heat. Place meatballs in pan, up to eight at a time, and cook until all sides are browned, approximately 5 minutes for each meatball. Remove meatballs from pan with slotted spoon; place on plate.
- Reduce heat on stove to medium-low. Add onion; sauté until tender, about 3 minutes. Stir in tomato sauce and diced tomatoes and simmer mixture for 10 minutes.
- Gently add all meatballs to sauce, cover pan and simmer 20 minutes. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of salt and freshly ground black pepper into mixture.
- While sauce is cooking, cook spaghetti according to package directions.
- Divide cooked spaghetti among six large, shallow bowls or plates. Top with meatballs and sauce and serve Parmesan cheese separately for topping.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.