Sweet-Glazed Tofu Cutlets
- 1 lb firm tofu, drained
- 1 Tbs safflower or canola oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbs honey
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs sherry
- 2 scallions, sliced, for garnish
- Cut tofu crosswise into 1/4-inch (0.5cm) thick slices. Blot slices between paper towels.
- Combine oils, honey, soy sauce and sherry, then heat mixture slowly in a large skillet.
- Arrange tofu slices in the skillet, then flip to coat with sauce on both sides. Fry tofu over moderately high heat until the underside is golden and crisp, then flip and fry the other side. Serve cutlets garnished with scallions.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.