Sweet Potato Hash
- 5 strips bacon, chopped
- 3/4 lb Spanish chorizo
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red onion, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic, chopped
- 2 to 4 Tbs olive oil
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme leaves, crumbled
- 1 bay leaf
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- In a large, hot saucepan, cook bacon until crisp; remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Add chorizo, crumbling and cooking until browned. Drain grease.
- Combine bacon, chorizo, sweet potatoes, red onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in the saucepan. Add olive oil as needed to prevent mixture from sticking. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken stock, thyme, and bay leaf. Simmer, stirring often. Cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes soften.
- Remove bay leaf. Season with salt and pepper; serve.
Copyright © 2014 Aisle7. All rights reserved. Aisle7.com
The information presented here is for informational purposes only and was created by a team of US–registered dietitians and food experts. Consult your doctor, practitioner, and/or pharmacist for any health problem and before using any supplements, making dietary changes, or before making any changes in prescribed medications. Information expires June 2015.