Going places? Travel immunizations and oral medications are available at your Acme Pharmacy at select locations. Up to 70% of travelers report some sort of health problem during or after their trip, especially those traveling to tropical locations. The best way to avoid health problems overseas is to get your immunizations before you leave. And one of the most convenient ways to get them is at your participating Acme Pharmacy. Before you travel, make sure to stop at the participating Acme Pharmacy where you can receive all required and recommended immunizations and fill your oral prescription medications.
How It Works
1. Complete your Travel Health Profile. There will be a $49 charge from our Travel Medicine specialist physician that will provide the recommendations for your trip.
2. In the Travel Health Profile select the participating store to which your recommendations will be transmitted.
3. The Pharmacy staff at the store you have selected will contact you within 2 business days to discuss your immunization recommendations and set up an appointment for your pre-travel consultation and to administer your travel immunizations.
Please note: Allow as much time as possible before your trip, as some immunization series need to be started a few weeks or even months before travel. Age restrictions vary by state. See Pharmacy for details.
Top 10 Travel Health Tips
1. Before you leave, get advice from a Travel Health Professional.
2. Let your body adjust once you arrive.
3. Protect yourself from mosquito-borne illnesses.
4. Never go barefoot…even on the beach.
5. Make sure your water is purified.
6. Consume only well-cooked food.
7. Wash and peel all fruits and veggies.
8. Prefill any prescriptions as they may not be available at your destination.
9. Don’t swim in rivers, lakes and streams.
10. Choose means of transportation carefully.
Visit the CDC travel medicine website at http://www.cdc.gov/travel for more information on travel and health.
All immunizations necessary for overseas travel are available at your Acme Travel Health Pharmacy, such as: Yellow Fever; Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis; Hepatitis A; Hepatitis B; Flu*; Rabies; Japanese Encephalitis; Meningococcal; Measles, Mumps and Rubella; Varicella; Typhoid Fever; and Polio.