$500,000 Monopoly Winner

Jul 21st, 2015

Monopoly Banner

Introducing our $500,000 Monopoly Winner, Miss Kelsey W. of Delaware. After entering the online game codes all season long with no prevail, Kelsey received a phone call that would change her life. Since there were no winners in the match and win game portion, there was a second chance drawing for $500,000 across the entire country. Kelsey was the lucky winner! She plans on giving half to her parents, since they bought the groceries, and take the other half for savings and to travel the world. Congratulations to Kelsey and her family. See the rest of the celebration below.

36 Responses to $500,000 Monopoly Winner

1. Norm Barnes 07/02/2016 at 11:09 am

accessibility to Monopoly game is ridiculous. I only have spent the last hour on your ridiculous set up because she is loyal to Acme. Well sc___ that. We are on our way to Giant.

• Customer Support 09/02/2016 at 2:42 pm

Norm, could you tell us more about the issue you are experiencing. We would like to help. -Julio

2. Maryanne Krenz 14/02/2016 at 9:48 am

I agree with Norm. I hope to be sent explicit instructions on how to access the game to enter on line for a sweepstakes entry. I trust my e-mail will not be disclosed when I post this reply. Thank you for your anticipated assistance. Maryanne

• Customer Support 15/02/2016 at 5:31 pm

Maryanne, we’d like to help. We welcome you to visit https://www.playmonopoly.us/new-player to view the full details of the promotion. You will need to click on New Player and fill out the entry form to check your online game codes. Please let us know if you have additional questions. -Rebecca

3. Renee 16/02/2016 at 4:29 pm

Hi. Does anyone know if, when an instant winner, you could win anything other than more tickets?
    Regards,
    Renee

4. Renee 17/02/2016 at 2:20 pm

Thank you for the response Rebecca!

5. Nancy 18/02/2016 at 10:25 pm

Monopoly game is too hard to register ond access.
    \

6. Lisa Trucksess 09/04/2016 at 9:44 am

I’m confused. I haven’t had a bit of trouble accessing the online game!

• Customer Support 12/04/2016 at 8:58 pm

Lisa, please fill out the online contact form on the site for further assistance. -Julio

7. terri 18/04/2016 at 4:56 pm

they make it so hard to win it’s ridiculous. they expect people to win, but most shoppers go to the same store all the time and the chance of getting all the pieces you need to win all at one store is ridiculous. I say post online or youtube/facebook that you have all but 1 ticket in this and that prize and if you want to go in on the win together and win and split it fairly rather than no one win why not. I was given employees tickets and went home and used them with my tickets and the employee tix not realizing it and won 5,000 I was so happy. I really need it my car is dead I am disabled as well a my son is. This was a way to get us back to our Drs. appts and therapies and the pharmacy etc. I was told at the store oh no this is not a win someone gave you the wrong tickets, so they would not honor it because of their staffers mistake. no we are sorry, no nothing just no this is not a win and snatched the employee tickets and threw replacement tickets at me. sad there are that petty and can’t even stand up for their staff mistakes. they obviously didn’t train him enough, so I lose. I really was angry. once I get my car fixed I may never shop there again. I am only doing it now because it is really close. Years ago I loved Acme and would shop nowhere else. now with the super high prices and the rude staff in some stores no I do not need that. shame a real shame

• Customer Support 18/04/2016 at 6:26 pm

We’re sorry for your disappointing experience, Terri. We’d like to address your concerns with the Store Director regarding the service you received. Please let us know which store you frequent. -Rebecca

8. fred 19/04/2016 at 2:03 pm

So basically, the code we out online are for instant tickets or product prizes not money. Right?

• Customer Support 19/04/2016 at 5:37 pm

Fred, the codes that you enter online could win different prizes not just more tickets or products. Good luck! –Felicia, Customer Support

9. Melissa 24/04/2016 at 6:11 pm

Site is not working. Please advise when it is back up

• Customer Support 24/04/2016 at 6:22 pm

We’re sorry about that, Melissa. We have reported the issue and hope to see the site up and running very soon! -Rebecca

10. Theresa 01/05/2016 at 8:01 pm

I spend hundreds at my Acme in Philadelphia. Can’t even win $5.00. I actually shopped enough to earn 47 tickets and out of all, I won a coupon for two tickets. Yet, as I collected my tickets an employee won $25.00 dollars. I don’t believe anyone other than employees and family of employees can win. Good for them but then leave the public out of it. Most contests don’t allow employees and families to play. This is where this is wrong. Going back to my Walmart shopping and my Shop Rite.

• Customer Support 01/05/2016 at 9:19 pm

Theresa, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with our Monopoly Sweepstakes. We are always looking for new ways to improve ongoing and future promotions and we value our customer’s input. We have forwarded your comments to our Marketing Team. Please know that to create some excitement for our hard-working Employees, we have developed a completely separate “Employees Game”. It’s a companion game that plays in a similar way, but it uses completely separate game boards and game markers. Employees and members of their households are not eligible to play in the Customer Game and do not play for the $1,000,000 or $500,000 prizes. Also, the pool of prizes they are playing for is completely separate from the prizes in the Customer game. Having Employees playing a separate companion game in no way affects the chances of our valued Customers winning prizes in the MONOPOLY Collect & Win game. -Samantha

11. GW 21/06/2016 at 2:26 pm

A phone call? I thought the Second Chance notification would be via email? I’m away from home but checking email daily, what if I miss it? Has the Second Chance drawing for 2016 been done yet?

• Customer Support 21/06/2016 at 5:24 pm

Hello GW. Please note this post is from 2015. Our second chance drawing took place in early June. The prize was awarded last week, in Portland, OR and will be placed on http://www.playmonopoly.us site soon. Hope this helps! -Rebecca

12. GW 30/06/2016 at 12:00 pm

Rebecca – why is the Playmonopoly.us website taken down? There is no notice of a Second Chance drawing here or on Albertsons.com.

13. Herman 21/02/2017 at 8:14 pm

The 2017 version of this promotion is up and running. So far many of the winners are from the Denver, CO area.

I see no winners from California.

One wonders if there are again “irregularities” with the winning pieces being diverted.

Any insights here? Are the winning pieces adequately dispersed or not? There is a near zero percent chance that California would be devoid of winners at this point.

14. trish 19/04/2018 at 9:49 am

I played all of last year and this year. I earned many coupons and fandango discounts, but I see that most of the $$ winners are from states other than NY. Of course I know its random, but its disheartening to not see anyone from NY win more $$.

• Customer Support 19/04/2018 at 12:53 pm

Hi Trish! We understand where you are coming from but we’d like to look at the bright side. No winners yet from NY means that you could be the first! Don’t give up yet, there’s still lots of game left to play! -Jayme

15. christine L 14/05/2018 at 12:27 pm

I am disappointed to see all the negative comments. Then again,Most ppl tend to use the comments section to “vent” and the happy ones say nothing! This is year 2 for me playing. I downloaded the app this year and wish I knew last. Would of saved me hours of typing 16 digits one by one. I easily scan the tickets and the app keeps track of it all! I work near the Kenilworth NJ location and use the ACME for convenience (prices are much higher than my usual shop-rite). Of the estimated 200 tickets I earned by way of shopping or given to by co-workers….. I have won…. at least $50.00 (again thats ACMEs prices) in free items. Everything from Green Giant Veggies,cream cheese, sour cream, at least a dozen donuts, I am set with Acme brand tomato sauce for at least 3 lasagnas and won enough gravy mixes to last the next few thanksgivings…and a bottle of ibuprofen! I cant imagine I was so fortunate…and this not the norm.. I am not a big spender at ACME and would say this is all on under 500.00 in purchases (that can be one shopping trip for this mom of 3) And found myself extremely grateful! Especially for the items I normally wouldnt purchase! Trying something new can be fun, when its not your money spending on it!!! Well, I enjoyed playing! And I even received my first “WINNER” message by getting 4 of 4 markers on the $5 cash prize (now if only I can find those first 3,to go with the winner I will cash it in before its over this week). I was just so sorry to hear of the disappointments and negitivity!!!!! ACME dont owe us anything! We will go there despite the fact of a chance game or not! And to have something to make it fun, exciting, and with giva-aways, I was greatful…and cant wait until next year…. (even if the BIG WINNERS ARE NOT US) They are there!!!!!

• Customer Support 14/05/2018 at 2:46 pm

We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the promotion for Monopoly so much Christine! We hope you enjoy all of the new items you get to try and congratulations on all of the prizes you won!���� -Destini

16. MTroy 15/05/2018 at 1:39 pm

I have been playing loyally for the last few years, and although I haven’t won anything “big” I certainly appreciate all of free products and extra coupons I have won. An Acme employee told me that there was a $10,000 winner from the store that I shop in, so there’s hope for us all! Stop being negative, it’s a GAME OF CHANCE….if you’re unhappy with it, don’t play…leave the game tokens for the rest of us!

• Customer Support 15/05/2018 at 2:52 pm

Hi MTroy! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed the promotion this year! Please enjoy all of your tasty treats and thanks for shopping with us! -Destini

17. Clara Orlando 26/05/2018 at 9:42 am

i have tickets to enter but never registered. My acme store said the I could still enter in the tickets but the website says that registration needed to be done 5/16/18. I’m confused. can i still register to enter all my tickets and how?

• Customer Support 26/05/2018 at 11:42 am

Hello Clara, we are very sorry but yes you had to be registered by 05/16/2018 to be able to register your tickets. https://www.shopplaywin.com/#/rules. We have forwarded your comments to the appropriate Department. Have a wonderful day! -Wendy

18. Clara 26/05/2018 at 12:20 pm

• Customer Support 26/05/2018 at 10:58 pm

Clara, unfortunately the last day to scan/enter your codes online was May 18th, 2018. Our apologies for the inconvenience. -Cornelius

19. Linda 27/05/2018 at 7:25 pm

So tedious. I don’t think I will play again. Would love to have all that time back that I searched for the correct box on which to place game pieces. The board has no rhyme nor reason. Who the bleep thought up this crazy, frustrating, time consuming mess?

20. Linda 27/05/2018 at 7:57 pm

Waiting on hold 20 minutes for a customer service rep. She guided me through multiple hoops only to find out my fandango $5 off is no good because the theater and movie I chose was sold out. What genius thought up this game up and is that genius trying to alienate customers?

• Customer Support 27/05/2018 at 10:22 pm

We’re sorry to hear of your disappointment in this year’s Monopoly game, Linda. We appreciate your feedback and we’ll be sure to share your concerns with our Marketing Teams for review. -Jeremy