The Wienermobile is coming to a store near you!

Jan 20th, 2016

Wienermobile_Blog

The Oscar Mayer Wienermobile is coming to a store near you! This is an iconic vehicle that only comes around once in a while. So where did the Wienermobile originate from? Back in 1936 Carl Mayer entered his Uncle Oscar’s office with a new advertising idea: a 13-foot long hot dog car that would travel the streets of Chicago and let everyone know about Oscar Mayer hot dogs. Since then the Wienermobile has been all of the country making a true piece of American history.

Today the Wienermobile stretches 27 feet in length, 8 feet wide, and 11 feet high. It has a Chevrolet W4 series chassis and a V-8, 6.0 liter engine. The inside of the vehicle has a hot dog shaped dashboard, seating for six in ketchup and mustard colored seats, a removable bun roof and has the Official Wiener Jingle horn.

The Wienermobile appearances will have “Hotdoggers” with fun activities, Wiener Whistles and vehicle tours. Please see the list of stores along with dates and times below.

2/19/2016 9:30AM-12:30PM Bethlehem Pike & Twining Road Flourtown PA
2/19/2016 2:00PM-5:00PM 7700 Crittenden Avenue Philadelphia PA
2/20/2016 9:30AM-12:30PM 101 Byers Drive Glen Mills PA
2/20/2016 2:00PM-5:00PM 643 Conchester Pike Boothwyn PA
2/21/2016 9:30AM-12:30PM 105 East Street Road Feasterville PA
2/21/2016 2:00PM-5:00PM 800 2nd Street Pike Richboro PA

You can also download the Wienermobile App which is free to help you locate the vehicle as well!

5 Responses to The Wienermobile is coming to a store near you!

1. Betsy Grover 16/02/2016 at 4:19 pm

Any chance of seeing the Wienermobile in New Jersey…. preferably Burlington County?

2. Mary Ann Haley and Cuddles Reed 01/06/2016 at 7:38 am

Love the wienermobile…saw my first one in 1956 in Abingdon, Illinois, at our grocery store. I was 6 years old and that was the highlight of my youth as a farm girl in Illinois. I still have my wiener whistle that I got that day..and even wear it around my neck as a necklace. I could send you a photo. My daughter and her family just opened a boutique in Ely, Iowa, called the Downtown Dachshund, They have a dachshund that looks just like the one on your page. They are having an open house and serving over a
    l,000 Oscar Mayer wieners. Is there any chance you will be in Iowa this summer?…We could schedule the open house around you…Love…Mary Ann Haley…retired teacher of 39 years…and an Oscar Mayer collector…love my photo of little Oscar. Thank you so much.

3. Melissa Eisenberg 23/01/2019 at 4:14 pm

Would love to have the wienermobile come to our Large Festival and Depot Days Car show ,,,we average over 500 cars and have a huge attendance of 40,000 people ,,,can you let me know how to set this up for our 2019 Amboy Depot Days in Amboy Illinois for August 25th 2019

• Customer Support 24/01/2019 at 10:34 am

Hi Melissa! We don’t have any immediate plans to have it at our stores again. Please reach out to Kraft for the schedule of the wienermobile. Thank you! -Chris