I always make sure I am NOT hungry and that my body is fully hydrated before starting any baking. I love having Glaceau Smart Water by my side for sipping instead of mindless eating. On days that I really have the munchies, I might even chew gum as not to overeat treats.
4 (4 dipped pretzel) servings
- 1 ounce (approximately 16) Snyders of Hanover Mini Pretzels
- 2-3 ounces dark chocolate chips or chunks (or chocolate chips sweetened with zero-calorie natural sweetener)
- 2 tablespoons hazelnuts (you can use any nuts you love and find on sale if you care more about them being “nutty” than actually hazelnut), finely chopped
- Coarse pink sea salt, to taste
- Line a medium baking sheet with parchment or waxed paper.
- Add the chocolate to a small, microwave-safe bowl. Melt it on high for 45 seconds. Stir the chocolate (even it if doesn’t look melted). Continuing microwaving it for 15 seconds at a time, stirring in between each interval until melted and smooth, being careful not to burn it.
- Dip half of a pretzel in the chocolate, letting any excess drip off. Place it on the lined baking sheet. Immediately sprinkle hazelnuts over the chocolate-dipped half and then a few flakes of sea salt.
- Continue the process with the remaining pretzels.