Recipe created by Elaine Magee, MPH, RD, Albertsons Companies Wellness Corporate Dietitian.
- 1 large egg
- Tree decorations: slices of sardine, crunchy mini cat treats, etc.
- Add egg to a small bowl and whisk until smooth.
- Begin heating a small, nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Scramble the egg without adding any seasonings or fat to the skillet.
- Lay an open tree cookie cutter about 4-inches long and 3-inches wide onto your kitty’s food plate.
- Press the scrambled eggs into the tree cookie cutter so it takes the shape.
- Lift off the cookie cutter.
- Decorate the tree by placing pieces of sardines or mini cat treats on the egg tree. Call the cat for brunch!
Makes 1 brunch or dinner.