Slow-Cooker Mac & Cheese
Creamy and classic, cheesy pasta in the crock pot will be the hit of the potluck or family dinner.
3 hour, 15 mins
Total cook time
- 10 ounces elbow macaroni (2 1/4 cups),
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese,
- 1 cup shredded Gruyère cheese,
- 8 ounces American cheese, thinly sliced and roughly chopped,
- 1½ cups milk,
- 1 12-ounce can evaporated milk,
- 1½ teaspoons Worcestershire sauce,
- ¾ teaspoon dry mustard,
- ¼ teaspoon salt,
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper,
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter,
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs,
Coat the inside of the slow-cooker bowl with cooking spray.
Combine macaroni, Cheddar, Gruyère and American cheeses, milk and evaporated milk in the slow cooker; stir well and cover; cook on High for 3 hours or Low for 4 hours.
When there is 30 minutes cook time remaining, stir in Worcestershire, mustard, salt and pepper.
Melt butter in a small nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in panko and cook, stirring often, for 2 minutes or until toasted and golden. Sprinkle over the top and serve immediately.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.