Dutch Apple Pie Smoothie
Mmmm…apple pie. You’ll love our flex on this recipe! We’re big fans of smoothies and this is one of our favorites. Apples, oats and wheat germ makes it healthy and filling. Add toppings as desired to make it suitable for breakfast or dessert.
Total cook time
- 6 ounces vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup chopped gala apple (leave the skin on)
- 1 tablespoon cashew butter
- 2 teaspoons toasted wheat germ
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Optional toppings: crusted almonds, chopped apple, granola, or cinnamon
Combine everything in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Add ice or a little more liquid if desired. You can add a scoop of vanilla protein powder to make it a complete breakfast smoothie.
Pour and top with any of the above!
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.