Herb Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Lighten up the menu this summer. This recipe features grilled Open Nature® chicken thighs, cucumber, carrot and scallions wrapped up in a lettuce cup and served with a tangy, sweet Orange Dressing. Ready in just 30 minutes, it’s the perfect weeknight dinner.
Total cook time
- 4 Open Nature® boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch of kosher salt
- Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
- 6 butter lettuce leaves
- 6 basil leaves, hand torn into smaller pieces
- 6 cilantro sprigs, hand torn into smaller pieces
- ½ cup thinly-sliced carrots
- 12 Persian cucumber rings
- 2 tablespoons minced scallion
- 2 tablespoons toasted almonds
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Heat grill to medium.
Oil and season chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Spray grill with non-stick cooking spray or brush with oil.
Grill chicken thighs for about 5-6 minutes per side— cover to speed up the cooking process.
Remove chicken thighs from grill and let rest 5-10 minutes before slicing.
Build lettuce wraps in the following order: Lettuce leaves, carrot strips, grilled chicken, basil and cilantro, cucumber rings, and scallions.
Plate wraps and top with toasted almonds. Whisk orange juice, soy sauce, and Dijon mustard together for the Orange Dressing, then serve with the wraps.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.