Italian Sausage Kabobs
Italian Sausage Kabobs make a bright and colorful addition at a cookout! Use different yellow, red and green bell peppers for the biggest impact. If you like spice, use a hotter sausage.
Total cook time
- 4- 4 ounce mild Italian sausage links (cut into 2 or 2 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 medium red onion (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 bell peppers (cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
If using wooden skewers, soak skewers in water while prepping sausage and vegetables. Heat grill to medium (375º-425º). Assemble skewers by alternating pieces of sausage and vegetables. Brush with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
Place skewers on grill for 8 minutes. Flip and grill for additional 8 minutes, or until sausage has reached an internal temperature of 160º.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.