Thai Mint Shrimp
This refreshing Thai style shrimp dish is a fun and flavorful take on everyday frozen shrimp. Featuring Waterfront Bistro Shrimp, available only in our stores, this is the perfect meal for lunch or a busy weeknight.
Total cook time
- 1-pound Waterfront Bistro frozen shrimp (21-25 count), thawed
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped
- 8 fresh mint leaves, cut in thin strips
- ¼ cup roasted and salted peanuts, chopped (opt.)
Bake shrimp at 400oF for 8 – 10 minutes on a baking sheet.
Cool. Peel, devein, and cut shrimp into ½-inch pieces. Refrigerate.
In a bowl, whisk together fish sauce, oil, garlic, lime juice, sugar, and jalapeno.
Add mint and chilled shrimp. Toss to combine
Serve with lettuce cups or over cold rice noodles.
Top with chopped peanuts.
Step 7 :: Helpful Hints
Shrimp should be cooked until opaque with an internal temperature of 145 degrees F as measured by a food thermometer.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.