Cauliflower Rice Pilaf
For a change of pace, and a new way to enjoy your veggies, swap your brown rice with this finely chopped cauliflower "rice."
Total cook time
- 6 cups cauliflower florets (about 1 head),
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil,
- 2 cloves garlic, , minced
- ½ teaspoon salt,
- ¼ cup asted sliced almonds,
- ¼ cup chopped fresh herbs, such as chives, parsley, cilantro and/or basil,
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest,
Pulse cauliflower florets 2 cups at a time in a food processor until chopped into rice-size pieces.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the cauliflower rice, sprinkle with salt and cook, stirring, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in almonds, herbs and lemon zest.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.