Better Homes & Gardens
Mediterranean Pepper and Artichoke Pizza
Goat cheese, artichoke hearts and flavorful onions make this pie a little something special.
Total cook time
- 1 6- to 6.5-ounce package pizza crust mix,
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano or basil, crushed,
- ½ cup pizza sauce,
- 1 6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped,
- 1 cup roasted red and/or yellow peppers, cut into strips,
- ¼ cup sliced green onions and/or chopped red onion,
- ½ cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese (2 ounces),
- 4 ounces semisoft goat cheese (chèvre), crumbled,
- Freshly ground black pepper (optional),
Preheat oven to 425°F. Grease a large baking sheet; set aside. Prepare pizza crust according to package directions, except stir oregano (or basil) into dry mix. With floured hands, pat dough into a 15x10-inch rectangle on the prepared baking sheet, building up edges slightly (crust will be thin). Bake for 7 minutes.
Spread pizza sauce evenly over crust. Top with artichokes, roasted peppers and green onions (or red onion). Top with mozzarella and goat cheese.
Bake for 13 to 15 minutes more or until edges of crust are golden brown. If desired, sprinkle with more black pepper.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.