Green Turkey Chili
This is a lean, tasty, turkey take on chili! Add drained and rinsed canned black beans if you want to make it a one-bowl meal. Otherwise, this turkey chili can be enjoyed with warmed or grilled tortillas as an entrée!
Total cook time
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 16 ounces Open Nature® Ground Turkey
- 1 cup coarsely-chopped sweet or yellow onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 14.5 ounce can Signature SELECT™ Diced Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 12 ounces beer—non-alcoholic works well (broth or water can be substituted)
- 10 ounce can Signature SELECT™ Diced Green Chiles (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons whole wheat or all-purpose flour
Heat canola oil in medium non-stick saucepan over medium heat. Add ground turkey, onion, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook the meat and onion, stirring occasionally, until the turkey is nicely browned.
Add canned tomatoes (including liquid), beer, and chopped chilies. Stir well, cover the pan, reduce heat and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
Blend the flour with 1/3 cup of juices from the chili and stir until smooth. Add back to the saucepan with chili and stir to blend. Cover and simmer for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Serve with warmed up whole wheat tortillas or corn tortillas, if desired.
Step 5 :: Helpful Hints:
Optional: whole wheat or corn tortillas, grilled or microwaved to soften.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.