Shredded Chicken Veggie Bowl with Basil Vinaigrette
Create a restaurant-style salad at home! Healthy toppings like tomato, avocado and pepitas boost nutrition while dried cranberries add some flavor and brightness. This is a great dinner salad and also works well to pack into a mason jar for lunch.
Total cook time
- 2 cups O Organics® spinach or spring greens
- 1/2 cup O Organics® boneless skinless chicken breast (cooked and shredded)
- 1/2 tomato (sliced or chopped)
- 1/4 avocado (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon O Organics® dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup flat leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup O Organics® extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Divide greens between two bowls. Top each with shredded chicken, tomatoes, avocado, cranberries, and pumpkin seeds.
In a small blender or processor, add basil and parsley, lemon juice and zest, kosher salt and pepper. Blend and pour in olive oil until a smooth but thick consistency is reached.
Pour dressing over salad. Serve.
All recipe ingredients should be cooked to a safe internal temperature according to USDA guidelines. After preparing a recipe, please store any leftovers in the refrigerator.